forward press when putting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taking the putter back way too inside and I am finding that a slight forward press has me keeping it along a much straighter arc. Distance control also seems improved by this method. What do you all think about the forward press when putting? Potential pros and cons...It has me wondering if my putter has enough loft on it. The forward press seems to get the ball rolling a lot better at the beginning of the putt, which is improving lag putts quite a bit.

I was taking the putter back way too inside and I am finding that a slight forward press has me keeping it along a much straighter arc. Distance control also seems improved by this method. What do you all think about the forward press when putting? Potential pros and cons...It has me wondering if my putter has enough loft on it. The forward press seems to get the ball rolling a lot better at the beginning of the putt, which is improving lag putts quite a bit.

Here's a con side opinion -

What the Heck is a Forward Press Good For

if your putter has a lot of static loft, or you add too much loft with your stroke, a forward press may help reduce hopping or skidding and get the ball rolling better. not changing your putter and/or stroke and just reducing static loft would be an option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.