Getting rid of hands wobble at top.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hue

New
I recently filmed my swing and it is getting much better. One thing I noticed is that I have a little hand wobble movement just before I get to the top . I would like to get rid of it. Part of my timing is set up around this move so I realise I will have to alter my timing to coincide with the removal of the wobble. I have been working on the following things

1) Making a backswing and coming to a complete stop with a long pause at the top before start down.
2) Doing the same drill with different length backstrokes.
3)Deliberately smoothing out and softening the feel in my arms in start down.

Brian and others . Do any of you have any other suggestions ?

Interesting response. My hands wobble in the downswing, causing a severe flattening of the plane in the transition. What would my hands be seeking if they are dropping behind me? Are they seeking a deeper position to begin the downswing from?

The key for me was Brian's revelation that the grip is designed for impact, not address. Your grip should be natural and comfortable in the impact position. To me, it is slightly uncomfortable/unnatural at address.

hue

New
It seems to me your hands are LOOKING for something.

Now WHAT are they looking for?
i think it might be extra power as the lift happens just after the shoulder turn has completed. I think it is a little better I should know in a couple of days time when I get my swing filmed.

i think it might be extra power as the lift happens just after the shoulder turn has completed. I think it is a little better I should know in a couple of days time when I get my swing filmed.

Imo, Brian's question was meant to facilitate your learning. Sign of a "great teacher". (Should be on the list, Brian.) Maybe better phrased would be WHAT "should" they be looking for?

assuming you are right handed, is there space batween the knuckle on the thumb of the right hand and the palm of the right hand? If so eliminate that space

hue

New
Hue-
What is "A little hand wobble movement"?
denny 1953:The grip is solid no grip change throughout the movement. I wish that was the problem as it would be easy to fix.When I get to the top there is a slight over the plane movement at start down. both hands make the wobble move as a unit. there is no change in the relatinship of each hand to each other.The hands get in a good position and instead of going straight towards the ball in a nice steady way make a little move forward . It is not a straight forward up and down motion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.