got blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what everyone's favorite set of blades were or are and why...
I play and love the titleist zm forged (1 degree flat) I also really like the mp-32 and mp-33's from mizuno.

I still have my 1977 Hogan Apex's. Still take them out to the range occasionally when I feel like I'm all that and a bag of chips................

Brings me back to earth pretty quickly.

I hit a friends MP-32's on the range a while back. That was a nice feeling golf club.

Ping G15........JUST KIDDING;)

I have never owned a blade BUT my favorites that I have hit are the Titleist 681, 690MB and pretty much any Mizuno.

Last edited:
Early 70's - Power Bilt Citations

1976 Staffs (My true loves)

Also had a set of Standards (Pro Group) in the early 80's that were pretty darn sweet.

Mid 80's Titleist Tour Models very similar to the Standards- Very Solid

Last edited:
Some of my favorites:

1967 Hogan Percussion (2.5 inch hosel - square toe)
1970 Hogan Bounce Sole 1+
1983 Hogan Apex PC
Mizuno TN-87
Mizuno MP-29
Macgregor VIP
MacGregor Muirfield 20th Anniversary

Current:

Taylor Made Tour Preferred MB
Scratch Golf SB-1
Miura 1957 Baby Blade

I plan on getting my 1967 Hogan Percussion and 1983 Hogan Apex's...re-chromed, re-shafted, the works down the road. The Hogan Percussion is just a great looking, great feeling, great performing club. Problem is that is lacks bounce and that's tough on Florida bermuda. The Apex PC's actually have bounce and are workable in the FLA bermuda. Really...and underrated club if there ever was one.

I plan on getting the Taylor Made TP MB's pretty soon. They feel great and are pretty affordable.

3JACK

Golden Ram Frequency Matched Tour Grind

goldenram_tourgrind.jpg

Last edited:

dbl

New
Yup. Also as to associated facts, the MP-32 mentioned were called a cut muscle back.

I've got Titleist 690.MB which are back in the bag after Brian's lesson, S300. Which when you think about the naming is all wrong, since they are a blade and not a muscle back.

I absolutely love my MP 68's, 2* flat w/ s300. I grew up playing Ping eye2 and since then I have always played a club with more "forgiveness". I thought the switch to muscleback could have a negative impact on my game, however after extensive trackman fitting sessions i found the mp 68 w/ s300 to have the best ball speed, spin and dispersion of everything i tried. Now i have seen and done alot of fittings and i know they arent for everyone, but i very happy i made the switch. I love my new tarjectory (lower more penatrating) and the feel and sound amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.