Have to do a plug...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Just played Pikewood National in Morgantown WV yesterday for he second time. Anyone within 100 miles of that town looking for a second club has got to give it a serious look. It won Golf Digest best new private in 2009 and may debut this year inside the Top 50. It is utterly spectacular. Go online and do the flyby tour. Good deals on National memberships, likely to go up after the ratings come out.

Is Pikewood 'rolling' or is it 'hilly'? I know it's supposed to be on a plateau, but was curious. Concernaing 'walkability', how would you rate Pikewood vs. Sewickley Heights or Nevillewood or Quicksilver or Lakeview?

I have played it twice and each hole is incredible. It's a tough walk, but not rediculous. The holes themselves are well designed with the flatter areas and ridges, some of the trips between holes are tough, but well worth it.

I have played it twice and each hole is incredible. It's a tough walk, but not rediculous. The holes themselves are well designed with the flatter areas and ridges, some of the trips between holes are tough, but well worth it.

I'm originally from Morgantown. I know I could get on if I wanted.. would love to play Pikewood... it looks awesome. I have no reservations saying I have a lung condition that makes walking difficult. Rolling or relatively flat courses.. OK. Steep or hilly courses. Fuggetaboutit. My condition is what it is. (There's a lot to my condition. I have no problem talking about it.. I got hit ~10 yrs ago. I'm an ADAMANT non-smoker that got f**ked by a random disease.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.