How down is too down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got on TM today. First time in a while. I was a good -6 attack angle with a 6 iron pretty much every time. Smash was pretty good, around 1.35-1.38. Does it really matter if it's a few degrees more deep than the tour guys? I play cavity backed Adams A4 irons so it seems to help keep my shots down.

Not sure. Wasn't on that page for the info. Just club/ball speed and attack angle. Club speed was about 85-86, ball speed 116-118. I wanted to see what my attack angle was because it felt like I was sort of banging down on it a bit. Strikes were pretty good on the course, but the fairways were so damn hard and baked out it felt awful hitting the ball that way. I just hit a few before he closed down the center. I know I was swinging left about 3 degrees when I did go through the other pages. Didn't look at face/path unless I hit a bad shot. Mainly face got closed and I hit a left to left. The only other numbers I really noticed were spin rate of 6000 with a range ball, height of 28 yards, and VSP of 60. They seemed OK.

I guess I was expecting a stock answer, hah. Very well. Next time I'm there I'll be a little more in tune.

Last edited:

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Was your resultant path left 3 degrees or was that your HSP?

If it is 3 degrees left and still 6 degrees down that sounds like an some kind of steepy ott type move.

HSP was -3. It was a different type of swing I was tinkering with for the day. Was more of a swing the grip kind of thing.

No worries. I'll ask again when I have the real numbers in front of me, all of them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.