Is this close to the Tumble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always struggle with swinging too far to the right and therefore underplane. I spent some time on a flightscope not too long ago and consistently swung between 3-6 degrees inside-out. My shots were fairly straight but only because I was hitting them WAAAY in the heel.

I tried to shift the path left by improving my sequencing (concerted effort to rotate the hips in the downswing sooner) but I'm certainly not doing it correctly because I kept getting bigger hooks. I then tried to work on the "short club" downsing tumble from the VSP video but I could never integrate that feel into a full swing.

More recently I stumbled upon a swing thought/feel that I used during my junior golfing days:
have the right elbow "contact" the right hip on the downswing during a practice swing. This seems to ingrain a feel that the clubface is turning to the plane, rather than coming from the inside-out. I'm wondering if my interpretation is anywhere close? Anyone else use a similar idea?
I'm definitely open to suggestions - the bruise I have on my hip is a pretty strong reminder though:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.