It's getting cold in Chicago, time to fix the swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajs

New
Season here in the midwest is just about to end so during hibernation I like to work on improving my swing to stay sane. Getting to the point, I'm struggling like most golfers and just cant pin point my flaws. I have understanding of the d plane but still cant stay consistent (one day shooting 73 then next 94). I'm a student of Jim Kobylinski and he can tell ya that I've always struggled with BPS (Below Plane Syndrome). My current misses have been straight shots that turn hard left with the irons. Driver has been a soft draw but alot of times push fade (def underplane with the big stick). This struggle gets kind of depressing at times so I'm putting up recent videos of my swing to see if you guys can help break my inconsistencies. Thanks in advance for all your input

Front
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT_7ikms9cI[/media]

DTL
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md44iFfwCp8[/media]

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
if you'd stop tinkering around and just see me once in a while you'd be ok lol. I'd say i need about 30min and we'd have you hitting the ball better again. Maybe when i come pick up those boxes?

Of course go see Jim and if he agrees:

I suggest COFF chip, pitch, punches to get the feel of the forward shaft lean and reduce/eliminate leakage along with working on the plane.

It is getting cold in Chi-town, but it's been great up till now. I played the last two Saturdays in short sleeves. Crazy how the weather swings. Right now it looks like we're setting up for a solid five months of cold, grey crap. Yippee.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
his problem is that he swings too far to the right and gets armsy thus the lack of pivot in those videos. he needs to engage the pivot more and swing more left. he'll never probably swing as much left as i'd like because he is a short guy that doesn't play with too short of clubs so he is going to be pre-diposed to swing more right because of that. BUT that doesn't mean we can't get it under control.

ajs

New
Swinging left is so foreign to me that I feel like I have to tell myself to try to hit a pull to prevent from swinging to far right and have had some success doing so. Jim had me narrow downs my stance bc I had a very wide stance at one point and had to compensate with a ton of axis tilt to hit a decent golf shot. In regards to club length, I'm not sure if shortening my clubs will help guard against swinging to the right bc i already choke down about 2inches (I do this naturally). Honestly, im still confused in what to do to make my swing more repeatable/consistent.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Swinging left is so foreign to me that I feel like I have to tell myself to try to hit a pull to prevent from swinging to far right and have had some success doing so. Jim had me narrow downs my stance bc I had a very wide stance at one point and had to compensate with a ton of axis tilt to hit a decent golf shot. In regards to club length, I'm not sure if shortening my clubs will help guard against swinging to the right bc i already choke down about 2inches (I do this naturally). Honestly, im still confused in what to do to make my swing more repeatable/consistent.

If you are choking down (now) then it's something we can work with. You didn't before. To get you more consistent you need for me to help you find where you need to be and just practice and watch the ballflight and not listen to those guys at your club ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.