Monty impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good. I'm a fan of Monty and he's got it dialed IMO. Except he might do well to add that little wince/grin cheese face thing to his pre-shot. Wait...is he doing it? I can barely see.

I would of liked to seen Monty win a US Open for all the abuse/heckling he took over here, at times it was a bit embarrassing for the behavior of some fellow Americans.

I knew a teaching pro could do a dozen guys, including R.T. Jones, both left and right-handed. Made solid contact every time. In fact we had a game where we would call out a pro's name during his backswing and he would imitate the downswing.

Is there anything to learn here? How can Richard Gillot, Jacobson and my friend make solid contact using very different backswings, handpaths, pivots, body position at impact etc.

Suggestions

All good swings have one thing in common that we don't see in the videos.

Misdirection. The tics, waggles, shrugs, looks to the target, backswing triggers, top and finish positions are copied perfectly; this we see and it prevents us from seeing that the imitator is using his normal swing underneath it all.

These guy have extraordinary eye-hand-body coordination.

Nothing special. All touring pros could do this if they wanted to; that is why they are touring pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.