My Golfing's Over for a While

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spending some quality time with the family as I have every summer for about the last 5 years boating on the Colorado River tubing, kneeboarding and wakeboarding, I'm pretty sure I tore my right ACL landing a small jump on the wakeboard. It was a small jump that I've done hundreds of times without any problems and landed it in control when my knee just popped and moved a bunch. I'm pretty bummed because I've done bigger jumps and landed way out of control without any injuries. Guess the leg relaxed too much this time. I tore my left ACL back in 1987 playing baseball when I was 18, but am now 42, so we will see how this one heals up. I go in for an MRI tomorrow to find out the damage. Too bad the US doesn't approve of the LARS technique if it is indeed torn.

I'll be rehearsing my golf swing only in my mind for a while now.

I feel ya,
I have been out for 2 months now after shoulder surgery and I am still looking at months before I will think about swinging a golf club. It sucks, but on the bright side you heal up and come back healthier and injury free able to enjoy the game without pain.

Was in therapy yesterday with a guy who did the exact same thing from doing the exact same thing. He was on the stationary pedaling away just 3 weeks after having his zipper installed. Hopefully you won't be out as long as you think.

That's too bad. What I would say is this. Don't beat yourself up over doing something that you've done a hundred times before without any damage. If you were leaping over blazing trucks on a motorcycle, then yeah, that's maybe a little bit rash - but this sounds like just one of those things. Hope the damage isn't too bad and that you heal quickly.

Thanks for the kind and inspiring words guys. MRI showed a ruptured ACL and torn medial meniscus. Looks like I'll be out for a few months. I was going to enter the local city am being held next month, but I guess that'll have to wait another year. Hope I don't lose much of the swing feel when I come back.

Whatever you do, do not try and rush back. As one who refuses to age gracefully, I can assure you that any premature return, or attempt to "accelerate" rehab is never worth the week or two you might gain. Best of luck and God Bless.

dbl

New
My reply by smartphone got lost, but...

That's too bad. Sounds like you'd had such hopes for the season, and then a stupid accident just 'happens.'

Hope the recovery goes well. I know for ACL and mcl you hace to follow the timelines. Maybe you'll be an expert finely honed putter when you get back!

:( Injuries stink.

Good luck.

I hurt my knee turning working the register at work the other day. ??? Wth.

Not a tear, mind you. All I did was turn 90 degreeeeees! Tweak!

Status
Not open for further replies.