Nationwide Childrens Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any Manzella or Staff students playing in the Nationwide tour stop in Columbus? I'm going out there Friday and I want someone to follow.

OR

Are there any players out there that anyone else thinks I should watch?

Last edited:
Mark Anderson...future star. I worked with him as a junior and when he was an All-American at South Carolina. Finished his Amateur career ranked #6 in the World. Kid can flat out play golf.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
pay attention to their ball flight; i was surprised by how "high" real pros actually hit the ball. Most amateurs i play with don't hit it no where near high enough imo.

pay attention to their ball flight; i was surprised by how "high" real pros actually hit the ball. Most amateurs i play with don't hit it no where near high enough imo.

Yeah, this is the truth. I went the past 2 years and to The Memorial twice. It's high but doesn't balloon. I know it's clubhead speed, but what else? Maybe lower spin? More shaft lean than downward AoA with the irons?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Jim - don't, or can't? Are you talking about the height that comes from lots of clubhead speed, or a high launch angle? Or both?

Bit of both, even if you can't get the height because you don't create the ball speed doesn't mean you can't play hybrids and/or more offset irons to help you create extra launch.

Troy Kelly. Mark my words: Ryder Cupper within 6 years. He'll be 1 or 2 this year on the Nationwide. He shot 36 under for 72 holes at the Plantation in the desert only months after having total hip replacement. Best golfer I've ever played with by a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.