New Ping Putting App/Device For You iPhone/iPod Touch Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it legal to have your phone attached to your putter shaft during tournament play? If not, then you don't want to be practicing with the phone on your putter shaft very much as it would change the weight and feel but you need it on there for a long time for it to guage your PHcp over a long period of time. That seems like a bit of a conundrum.

I'm skeptical. I think that the added weight will throw your stroke off. not to mention that it will be a visual nuisance.

I'm skeptical. I think that the added weight will throw your stroke off. not to mention that it will be a visual nuisance.

I wonder about that too. You would think they'd have taken that into consideration. Maybe the mathematical model they used to design the device addresses those issues.

Doesn't the Tomi system use a putter shaft attachment? How accurate/helpful is that system for anyone who has used it?

Last edited:
I wonder about that too. You would think they'd have taken that into consideration. Maybe the mathematical model they used to design the device addresses those issues.

Doesn't the Tomi system use a putter shaft attachment? How accurate/helpful is that system for anyone who has used it?

I don't think this affects the mathematical models so much as making a good stroke with the iphone might not not "feel" the same as without. Personally, I think this is great because I don't close my eyes when I putt but rather focus on the line that my putterhead is taking during my stroke.

I'm sure it can still offer some value, even if it won't accomplish everything it claims.

Ping seems to have a lot of smart people around, so I'm sure this device would have had some pretty critical eyes on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.