Next video short- Never Steer Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

hue

New
Brian: At Canton you pointed out that I was a heavy duty Steerer of the ball. I have gone a long way to fixing this following your advice but I am certain that there are many on this forum that bend the plane line in an attemt to steer the ball. How do you fix them and how would someone be able to recognise that they are seering it?

hue

New
Brian: After taking your advice after lots of training I am now swinging on plane in the full swing and no longer am bending the plane line with a steering move. I am now putting my attention on the short game and despite ridding my self of steering on the full swing notice I still do it on chips, pitches and putts.

Steering means changing the orbit and trying to overpower the force, Bobby Schaeffer fixed me with this in April at a school with Ben Doyle in Australia. I now still quit a bit, but I am working on it.

quote:Originally posted by cdog

Would steering and confidence be related?
Yes but no more than quitting, bobbing or swaying. All disrupt the same geometrical alignment (the downward and outward arc of the clubface (3-F-7-E)) therefore to the extent that one would effect confidence, so would the others.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by cdog

Would steering and confidence be related?
Good point Steve. I played walton Heath today which is one tough mind screw of a course. On a couple of holes there is real danger left. On those holes despite trying to not steer . I was steering it to protect myself from the left pull shot.

cdog

New
Hue, exactly!
I see it all the time, and have experienced it myself.
You can see it all the time on shots around the green, just watch guys start to chip and pitch and then deaccelerate through the shot, I think its because of confidence in the shot itself.
I know when I am over a shot and i start to question myself, I now tell myaelf just hit the shot, live with the outcome, because in reality, if i steer, or deaccelerate, the shot is gone.

golfer----have to absolutly give up control (avoid steering) in order to be on the path to control.

Its a personality thing----If one is a control freak in personal, business etc giving up control of the golf swing will also come harder

What were his recommendations to fixing your steer? Laser/flashlight drills, etc...?

Brian, any chance of getting you in front of a camera for another short???

quote:Originally posted by hue

Brian: At Canton you pointed out that I was a heavy duty Steerer of the ball. I have gone a long way to fixing this following your advice but I am certain that there are many on this forum that bend the plane line in an attemt to steer the ball. How do you fix them and how would someone be able to recognise that they are seering it?

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by ForeRight

What were his recommendations to fixing your steer? Laser/flashlight drills, etc...?

Brian, any chance of getting you in front of a camera for another short???

quote:Originally posted by hue

Brian lined up a C of balls curved left in front of me and asked me to swing the clubhead over them . He also placed a ball about a foot ahead of the ball I was hitting and inside it and got me to hit both balls in the one golf swing. The first time I did it I hit both balls and the first ball shot off dead straight like an arrow. That swing was unlike anything I had done before and I had a job not believing that I did not pull the ball left. I was bending the plane line right so I have been using a laser grip.

http://www.golfjustlikethepros.com/Dual_Laser_Grip.htm

My steering issues were right through my game. Full swing ,pitching ,chipping , putting the lot. The laser trainer is helping as are Brian's suggestions.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

Hue, doesnt the plane feel a long way more left than you think?
Very much so. When Brian showed me what to do I felt disturbed by how far left I had to swing in the followthrough. I felt I would pull everything hard left. I knew what he was teaching me was right but it takes time for the subconscious to accept that you should be swinging on plane. I am certain that a lot of people are steering without realising it.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Hue, I think we all almost are to some degree even some of the very best I am sure have steering moments. I like all of you posts Hue youre not bad for a 'pom'.(only kidding, lol)

Since I am a lover of T-Bones, Porterhouses, Rib-eyes and Sirloins- I will not buy the "Never Steer Again" dvd- sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.