No roll release and UD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently I've been battling the hooks while trying to swing a little more left. I narrowed it down to my hand action through the ball. Any time I tried to hold it off a little it just went higher and righter. I figured out when I am hitting it my best, I am certainly using a "no roll release", for lack of a better term. Crazy speed (easy 10 mph faster with way less effort), square blade, the game is easy. In order to get this type of release, it feels like I have to give a bit of ulnar deviation (?). I don't know what the real term is, but whatever it is when your hands move like hammering a nail. Alpha torque? When I do this move and really let it go, my forearms come very close, if not touch as I go through the ball. I assume this helps stand up the shaft a bit as well and helps square things up a little more. I know this works for me, and I'm noting every quirk if my swing goes awry, but I'm wondering if this is along the lines of what the studies are showing is close to the way the players they are studying are working the handle.

With all the different swing styles, head-paths, hub-paths, releases, transitions, and rotations, one may find something that works for their particular swing, and it may be trouble for others. Personally I do feel ulna deviation torque is added after all the downward velocity has been achieved, along with several other finger, wrist movements. There may even be some counter rotation, for myself. This may put me at odds with the models purported here, but hopefully we can use a model in general, but still pull off variations / improvements. It sure would be nice to categorize it all, the new and the old all inclusive. The new release has added at least 20 yards to the driver, but still learning and hoping for more. My hooking issues were corrected with a path correction.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.