Over the top - sneaking back on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is starting to sneak back into my swing. When I do it I know I am starting the swing with my shoulders or opening the hips too soon and I come over the top. That is what it feels like. Last game was horrible and I could not stop myself.

Any drills you can recommend to stop this!

Thanks for the forum..

Make a few swings FEELING like Jim Furyk.

Point being: You need your backswing to be more UP and your downswing to be more OUT.

Then, make some regular swings MENTALLY feeling as if you have this: www.insideapproach.com .

How's your grip? How's your clubface control? Do you have a cupped left wrist at the top of your backstroke?

Excellent training aid, but also check your alignment. If you're lined up too far to the right (for a righty), you'll instinctively come over the top to try and get the ball back to the target. Then you'll start holding the clubface open to keep the ball from going left because you're pulling it... and then you get the horrid pull-slce "banana ball" that we all hate to experience.

make sure the face isn't too open (pointing to the ground) at the top.

If the face is too open, you can't swing from the inside.

Make sure your grip matches the natural rotation of your left arm in the backswing to produce a square face without manipulation.

You can also work on restricting the left arm from rotating too much, leaving you a closed face and you will find out it is much easier to swing from the inside with a closed face.

Status
Not open for further replies.