Pre-Round Practicing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you go about practicing just before a tournament round? I've found that it helps me to hit small pitch shots and thereby groove my swing tempo for the round. Anyone tried this or another method that has helped you out.

What I do is I go to the range 1/2 hour before tee off. Get 30 balls. If you are playing your home course you will know what clubs you will most likely use through the round. Allocate a few balls to each club and start with the wedge. Now,you will be loose and ready to go to first tee in a good frame of mnd and physically warmed up

I basically do the same thing as you Cobra but I like to be at the range about an hour before tee off. I'll spend 30 minutes at the range then 30 minutes at the chipping/putting green.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The most impostant thing....

Find your LAG PRESSURE.

How?

By starting off swinging fairly full but at WAY LESS than full speed, but VERY HEAVY.

Once you have hit a couple "Slow and Heavy" with LOADS of Lag Pressure, slowly speed up the Pivot and you are ready! :D

good answer Brian...

that sent a light off in my little tea cup. I try and practice chipping and pitching to get the feel but tend to let full swings get to fast. Slow full swings sound like the ticket!!!

Thanks!

"Dragging a wet mop."

It basically is NOT casting.

i.e. the clubhead lags behind the hands.

(kind of anyhow.......i.e. all the above is not the actual "pressure".....it leads to the presure tho....forward pressure on the grip end thru the ball....)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.