Progress or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, trying to use the advice given by Mr. Shields and comparing my swing to some tour guys' swings, I've been working on a couple of things.

Old swing:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxam_6t60dI[/media]

New(er) swing: (I know it is only in the back yard with mush balls, but I can replicate it with real balls--golf balls that is)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VNKP8YPBe8[/media]

Going in the right direction?

Last edited:
What is your miss with the newer swing? Looks like you lose your balance towards your toes in the finish, which when the happens to me always indicates the path of my golf club. So you might be swinging a bit to inside out. Maybe.

What is your miss with the newer swing? Looks like you lose your balance towards your toes in the finish, which when the happens to me always indicates the path of my golf club. So you might be swinging a bit to inside out. Maybe.

I actually feel really stable throughout this swing because it feels a bit like my old baseball swing. My misses tend to be mostly pull hooks.

I guess I could say what I've been working on. Mostly 1. relaxing the pull from the top, 2. letting the right shoulder drop down through impact, 3. a little more axis tilt, 4. less forward lateral movement, and 5. more forward shaft lean at impact.

Kevin nailed a major problem with the old swing in that I was using the right shoulder/arm to help square up the club face. So, now without the right shoulder's help I am having to concentrate on maintaining a little more twistaway. I tend to get too much and pull hook it. But, still have the occasional relaxing of the twistaway and hit a slice.

I haven't been too concerned with the club face control yet as the other pivot changes have proven to be somewhat difficult to change. But, I think I am at the stage that I can concentrate less on the pivot and more on the club face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.