Pull back, Run up, and Jump--well mostly run up and jump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been trying to work some on this. I want to make sure that I am doing it correctly.

Pull back is standard backswing motion started by stepping on the right foot. No problems that I can see with how I do this.

Then from the top of the backswing is the run up more like a mini squat for the jump going into impact?

It is also working for a jump straight up?

I had some trouble by having the run up and jump moving toward the target.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

I think of the PB, RU, and J are very important as a way to think about the golf swing.

The old mantra of "back and through" is dead. It is clearly not how great players play.

The PB is not the same as the normal backswing because of what you do with it next.

To me it's like: Looooooaaaddd (pulling an archery bow back), Maintainnnnnnnn, SNAP!

PB, RU, and J has definitely helped my kinetic sequence.

Thank you for the explanation.

So, is there any feeling of actually getting ready to jump?

I ask this, because of my tendency to move forward in the downswing. If I try to feel like I'm going to jump straight up, I move less forward in the downswing and can keep my balance better.

It looks like Tiger is actually doing a mini squat which shows up as his head "dipping". Then jumping straight up into impact and through the ball as evidenced by both legs straightening into and through impact.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JkZdlYg9UuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JkZdlYg9UuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm thinking the swing is more vertical than it looks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.