pushing the ball, hitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been playing around with both swinging and hitting. When I employ a swinging procedure, I tend to get a nice little draw to the target (almost straight). However, when I try a hitting method, a get a push fairly often. I tend to hit the ball further when "hitting," but not by a lot. What do you think is causing this push when hitting?

Thanks,

Rich

The push is standard; comes from angled hinging (hitting tendency) versus horizontal hinging (swinging).

Close down the clubface a touch at address when hitting.

Uck I can't stand doing that...closing the clubface. Just doesn't feel right to me...or look right.

Can't stand it- I just aim left.

Ya he's right tho...with hitting (angled hinging), your clubface is not closing as much through impact as with swinging (horizontal hinging).

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
A push is different from a fade...you shouldn't be pushing your "hits."

They should be starting STRAIGHT and FADING....

So which is it?

Do they start right of the target and go straight? (push)
Or do they start straight and fade right of target? (fade)

bts

New
quote:Originally posted by burtonr

Hi all,

I have been playing around with both swinging and hitting. When I employ a swinging procedure, I tend to get a nice little draw to the target (almost straight). However, when I try a hitting method, a get a push fairly often. I tend to hit the ball further when "hitting," but not by a lot. What do you think is causing this push when hitting?

Thanks,

Rich
Might want to play around with the ball position. Yours look to me a bit back of the stance for the draw (swinging) and push (hitting).

Status
Not open for further replies.