Question on the Pivot and Aiming Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally felt how the pivot generates the flat left wrist a couple of minutes ago. I can do it slow but when I try to pick up speed I feel my hands over accelerate and I flip.

Should I just keep on doing it slow to get the feel and then try to speed up the pivot?

My second question, is aiming point a point in space or a point on the ground in front of the ball?

pic.php

OR

pic.php

Thanks for the material Tom Bartlett.

Last edited:
I finally felt how the pivot generates the flat left wrist a couple of minutes ago. I can do it slow but when I try to pick up speed I feel my hands over accelerate and I flip.

Should I just keep on doing it slow to get the feel and then try to speed up the pivot?

My second question, is aiming point a point in space or a point on the ground in front of the ball?

pic.php

OR

pic.php

Thanks for the material Tom Bartlett.

Thanks for these photos Dave and Tom, I get the overhead blue dot aiming point ( that is the one i see in my own attempts) but the blue dot on the face on image... is that the impact hand location??

Thanks again.

The way I understand it is you can use either aiming point. I use the impact hands aiming point, in other words from the top I aim my hands towards their impact location and for me it works great. Now for the ground aiming point yes you want to aim ahead of the ball on the short irons, roughly at the ball around the 5 iron and behind the ball with the longer irons, woods and driver. For the ground aiming point you want to direct the thrust down and into this point. I find it a little weird to focus on a piece of grass in front of or behind the ball myself so I just concentrate on the hands location. Again this is how I understand it and may be a little off as to other people thought's.

The spot on the ground is the "Aiming Point" for the hands. The spot in space is "Impact Hands Location".

You can use either. Impact Hands Location is simpler in that you just try to direct your hands to that point in space where they should be at impact for the type of shot you are trying to hit.

The true "Aiming Point" is the one on the ground and is good for automatic snap releases. You attempt to direct your hands, carried there by the pivot, at that spot on the ground, which is always ahead of the ball. If your aiming point is correct, your accumulator angles will be released at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.