Right Wrist Cocking Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the backswing I feel as if my right wrist is cocking instead of it just bending. I know that the cocking of the left wrist happens by the bending of the right elbow but when I try to just bend my elbow I lose all of my width on the backswing. I have a similar build to Michael Finney and love how he gets so much width but I can’t stop my right wrist from cocking on the backswing.

Please help!

This helped me and might help you also. At setup I keep my right wrist fully uncocked. During the backswing it simply folds back on the way to the top. On the downswing I just hold that "set" straight down to the "impact hands" position. Any other method and I flip but for ME it works magic.

During the backswing I feel as if my right wrist is cocking instead of it just bending. I know that the cocking of the left wrist happens by the bending of the right elbow but when I try to just bend my elbow I lose all of my width on the backswing. I have a similar build to Michael Finney and love how he gets so much width but I can’t stop my right wrist from cocking on the backswing.

Please help!

Dave,
Try focussing on having a flat left wrist at the top. The right wrist and the right elbow will bend accordingly without too much thought...

Thanks for the post! My left wrist at the top of my backswing is flat and my right wrist is bent but my right wrist also feels and looks cocked. Its affecting impact and it feels like the heel is hitting the ground instead of the whole bottom of the club head.

Last edited:

neil

New

Please help!

check your grip ,make sure your hands are not working against one another.Also, are you keeping your left arm straight with extensor action?. If you are, you will have no problem with width on your backswing.

Yeah width looks fine now I totally forgot about extensor action. When are you supposed to start folding the right arm (bend right elbow)? Does it matter or is it irrelevant?

take your right hand and hold it out like you are going to open a door, turn the door knob counter clockwise. now on the club with the right hand only and the first move back with the right hand cup it then turn the door knob
by turning the right forearm you will stop the right elbow from wanting to fly as much and achieve the waiter tray position

Status
Not open for further replies.