Slide Problem...Drills thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here ya go...

Front View:

Address: Hands are too far forward and grip is way too strong.

The Top: Need to be more behind the ball.

Half-way Down: Need to be WAY more behind the ball.

Down the Line View:

Address: Hands could be a hair higher.

The Top: Slightly below the Turned Shoulder Plane

Down to impact: Need to open your hips and shoulders much sooner.

CONCLUSION:

Your strong grip makes you have to: Get your hands too far forwqard at address (so you don't hook it off the earth), Swing back too flat and tend toward a reverse pivot (so you don't hook it off the earth), swing flat to the top and not open your body so to hit more off the inside of the ball (so you don't hook it off the earth), and get too far in front of it (so you don't hook it off the earth).

Fix your grip and address position and you'll be on your way.

So what you're saying Mr Manzella is that:

- a weaker grip (trying to grip the club as per advice in Never Slice Again 2,0)
- club leaning more backwards at address
- hands a bit higher at address

is what I have to do in order to improve my swing...?

Thanks

Brian Manzella

Administrator
So what you're saying Mr Manzella is that:

- a weaker grip (trying to grip the club as per advice in Never Slice Again 2,0)
- club leaning more backwards at address
- hands a bit higher at address

is what I have to do in order to improve my swing...?

Thanks

Weaker as in "not quite as weak as NSA 2.0."

Other than that, yup.

You see, the real trick is knowing WHAT to change first...the root of all evil, so-to-speak. If you fix the right thing, IT fixes 10 more.

Got me?

Damn that's awesome Brian. I think it would be cool if you did this once a week or so even if there was a small fee. Thats experience right there folks!

Mr Manzella, thanks for your answers and a good new year to you.

Liftoff: It's wiffle balls...The wall I cannot say what's made of...Bricks, I guess.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Quick comments:

1) Grip/clubface/left forearm all at the top of the swing are fantasic
2) top of the backswing position is great, love it
3) Downswing comes down on plane very well, even the right shoulder
4) right forearm is onplane at impact
5) Nice pivot both back and through, no forcing it

1) I have a feeling that you are letting the club open in the downswing somewhere
2) You setup slightly closed with your shoulders and seem to have a little throw into impact i think because the face is too open this also makes your shoulders not as open at impact either
3) As for the flip/throw it's hard to tell because of the video but you could also just be using more of a sweep release which is fine, however i have a hunch that you hit a nice little draw as your stock shot but it's more a leakage draw because you have to flip it a bit to get it there

If anything, i think you just need to work more on getting your hands to get more foward of the ball. Really eccentuate that flat left wrist so that you can get rid of the throw.

With this new move what do you seem happening to your ballflight? Any changes/things you like/things you don't like?

Thanks Jim...Nice to have guys like you around when one don't really trust the advice of the local pros in the neighborhood.

However, what drill would you recommend for me to really get rid of that throw/flip...! Through that sweep release thingy, or...?

On my ballflight area, I usually hit a slight fade. Misses tend to go left, guess mostly because I rush it sometimes.

Again thanks for your time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.