Soft drawish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a couple of trips to the range over the weekend instead of losing more money on the course. Generally going okay.

Towards the end of one load of balls, I thought I would have a couple of goes with my 'junior' swing that my college coach and subsequent pros I have had lessons from have hated. Was hitting it pretty well so thought I would take a video (with apologies for the low quality self-shot unable-to-edit clip...)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN89V_7iaMg[/media]

Looks kind of soft drawish to me. Should I be trying to change much? This is a more natural swing for me. I have been trying to change it for a swing that requires less 'timing', but should I just be sticking with this? :confused:

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Aye. Was pretty straight or maybe a little fade (the balls are not great at this range so not always easy to tell - you do get the odd double breaker hitting longer clubs). Only a seven iron so generally try and stay a little laid off at the top.

What I meant for the softdrawishness was the more inside hand path, club up between the elbows halfway back (and kind of deep), and so on. Does this seem right?

Thanks. I have hated the flying right elbow in the past, but am now learning to love it.

I am still terrified of a hook, so you can see the slightly open stance, laid off position at the top and kind of held off release. So a bit more soft draw, a little less fear and that could be a workable golf swing...

Status
Not open for further replies.