Step on the right, step on the left, hit the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I told him. Needs some work with the hands into the follow through...that is if I can get him off the baseball field.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/quFqSPX8GxU?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/quFqSPX8GxU?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Looks like a lot of zeros :)

Don't be too quick to steer... both can pay for books, housing, food, and tuition :)

Looks like a lot of zeros :)

Don't be too quick to steer... both can pay for books, housing, food, and tuition :)

Absolutely. Baseball was the only reason I went to college. In all honesty, it doesn't matter if he even plays a sport--at least not to me. He's having a blast playing baseball right now and won't even go to the range with me because he says he "doesn't want to mess up his baseball swing".

That's a nice swing. He looks like a helluva ball player spktho.

Kid's gotta future!

He has a better swing than I had a few a years ago for sure. Just trying to keep it fun, after all he's only 5 in this video.

Last edited:

lia41985

Wow! That's awesome. The golf swing is an athletic motion and that's why Brian's such a fantastic instructor. Teach the swing for what it is! Thanks for sharing that. Moving forward you could find a way to teach him axis tilt (throw the tackler off of your back!) and swivel action (skip a rock; throw from third to first) and he'd be good to go! Look at his last parallel position:
lilleaguer.jpg

As Damon said:
It is all pretty much pre determined by last parallel for most golfers.
The fact that he already has that positioned nailed is just...WOW! So teaching him to step on the right then step on the left is a also a real testament to this:
When you have a free hip turn and arent on the left foot so quickly, the upper body pivot is a million times less likely to put the "transition torques" on your left arm and keep it high and rotated clockwise (for a righty)

Last edited:
Awesome! His follow through is ensuring a square face at impact which is a concept that a beginner at that age may not always grasp.

That's awesome. Funny, I've got a 12 y.o. daughter and a 9 y.o. son and they go to the range with me. Trying to heed the advice here of not interfering with their natural instincts (and recognizing I don't know squat), the only thing I've told them is: step right, step left and swing at it hard. My guess is that they both beat me before they are out of H.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.