STILL PULLING???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. when addressing the ball, this is how i start. Left hand goes on club first(with thumb right down center of shaft) Right hand interlocks with left (with right thumb down center of shaft as well.) Align club to ball on target line, address the ball,stand alittle more upright, ( like someone is giving me a wegie from behind. Ball is played in center of stance. Takeaway starts with triangle (arms,shoulders,hands) Get to top of swing, make a slight bump to left, swing down and follow through. My question is, how come I am still pulling the golf ball? This past weekend I was just off the green by 10 yards top, all pin high. Been noticing that gradd stains on clubs are towards the toe of the club. Thanks in advance

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. when addressing the ball, this is how i start. Left hand goes on club first(with thumb right down center of shaft) Right hand interlocks with left (with right thumb down center of shaft as well.) Align club to ball on target line, address the ball,stand alittle more upright, ( like someone is giving me a wegie from behind. Ball is played in center of stance. Takeaway starts with triangle (arms,shoulders,hands) Get to top of swing, make a slight bump to left, swing down and follow through. My question is, how come I am still pulling the golf ball? This past weekend I was just off the green by 10 yards top, all pin high. Been noticing that gradd stains on clubs are towards the toe of the club. Thanks in advance

1) Have you check your lie anlges?
2) Are you hitting the inside aft part of the ball?
3) Do you have enough axis tilt at impact?

THANKS FOR ANSWERING JIM! I HAVE MY ANGLES UP 2 DEGREES. THE THING THAT REALY HAS ME BAFFLED IS HAVE THE GRASS STAINS TOWARDS THE TWO OF THE CLUB,( IRONS ONLY). AT ADDRESS, I AM TILTING.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
THANKS FOR ANSWERING JIM! I HAVE MY ANGLES UP 2 DEGREES. THE THING THAT REALY HAS ME BAFFLED IS HAVE THE GRASS STAINS TOWARDS THE TWO OF THE CLUB,( IRONS ONLY). AT ADDRESS, I AM TILTING.

Go get fit on a lie board and see if the lie angles are too upright for you. The more upright the lie angle the more the toe will be up at impact helping you to square the face, or possibly close the face and it will go left.

Status
Not open for further replies.