Swing 1 year after (Manzella I think you going to like)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manzella, Its Ann Arbor Dave. Hope all is well. Wanted to get some thoughts from you guy's on the new and improved me. Manzella, I think you will like.

60 frames per second:
swing_8_08_60.gif

Quicktime Clip 30 frames per second:
http://home.comcast.net/~dsilwanowicz1/swing_8_08.mov

Course: Glacier Club 7th Washington, Mi (just decided to go out on the tee and hit some balls I live on the course)

Club: 52 degree Titleist Vokey

Length: somewhere around 120-125. I didn't walk it off

Wind was pretty calm maybe little left to right

I hit a 1 to 2 yard cut.

Improvements: Finally getting to the elbow plane on the downswing. (Manzella, you remember how high that right shoulder was on the downswing and how left the club went.)

Any comments are appreciated...

Last edited:
If anyone want's to know what the slim difference is between the two swings are, especially the mental switch's/note's. reply and i'll tell you.

I'm in. I think it's fun to work the ball both ways if you can. Thanks

PS Nice GW. I thought I hit mine decent at around 105 or so.

Last edited:
Ok, here we go. For both (fade and draw) i didnt change a thing in my ball position, stance, or posture. it was all in the hinge action (swivel).

When i first saw brian, when he was in ann arbor for a tour stop, I had a high right shoulder and a jimmy ballard locked left arm to the chest swing. I also had many other symptoms which were addressed in the soft draw pattern.

For the fade all i'm trying to do is hold the left arm on my chest a little longer but letting it come off still later. This is something i learned from doing a bunch of ben doyle's punch procedure stoping at both arms straight (1/3 swivel). To me its more of a angled hinge action.

For the draw i'm trying to go wedding ring up. trying to get the clubhead in a more horizontal hinge motion.

ben-doyle-(gsed)-swivel.jpg

P.S. When i was with brian i had a bunch of trigger delay pretty close to maximum but, wasn't even close to being on plane i was higher than the tsp.:mad:

Last edited:

JRJ

New
Looking good. I'm curious how you went about getting rid of the high right shoulder and now down to the elbow plane from above the TSP

if you haven't changed your stance i'd guess that you're missing the target unless you're hitting a block draw and pull fade. if that is the case then you're not doing it through angled hinging and horizontal hinging. angled hinging may produce a bit of a fade but i think horizontal hinging on its own won't tend to create a draw unless something else is straying from neutral.

Sorry I didnt get back with you guy's last night. My computer's power supply died and couldn't get on. Thanks for all the great comments. Oh, by the way, I am a wolverines fan.

JrJ, it's all about how the right shoulder works.

I'm around an 8 handicap.

8?? god..you look way way wayyyyy better than that, do you use a driver to chip??

can u pm me some info on the right shoulder.

The reason i'm an 8 is because I play college baseball and am going to be an electrical engineer. That takes up a lot of my time. During summer i can get it down to about 4 or 5. The short game is where i have a lot of trouble.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
if you haven't changed your stance i'd guess that you're missing the target unless you're hitting a block draw and pull fade. if that is the case then you're not doing it through angled hinging and horizontal hinging. angled hinging may produce a bit of a fade but i think horizontal hinging on its own won't tend to create a draw unless something else is straying from neutral.

Most players who play a "fade" or a "draw" are really playing a pull-fade and a push-draw (including tour players). Very few players actually start the ball on line and draw/fade it to the target.

Also the whole angled/horizontal thing is really overblown...essentially when he draws it he has the club a bit more closed and swings a bit more right. Doesn't matter how he accomplishes that, but he does.

Most players who play a "fade" or a "draw" are really playing a pull-fade and a push-draw (including tour players). Very few players actually start the ball on line and draw/fade it to the target.

Also the whole angled/horizontal thing is really overblown...essentially when he draws it he has the club a bit more closed and swings a bit more right. Doesn't matter how he accomplishes that, but he does.

Thats exactly right. What i posted is what i feel and/or concentrate on. Might not be what actually happens.

Hey Jim,

I have a question about grip pressure. How hard do you hold the club and what points do you hold the pressure with ie. pressure points?

The reason i ask is because when i chip and pitch sometimes I hit it fat or thin around the greens. I lose so many shots in the short game.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.