Thanks to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking on this forum for over a year, and haven't posted much. However, during that time I have learned so much from Bryan and others' insightful comments. I had been struggling to stop my flip for quite some time now. I developed the flip over 30 years of playing golf (started playing when I was eight), and I have found that it is very hard to break old habits. Anyway, using Bryan's "Flipper" video, I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am going through periods where I am clearly not flipping anymore. For a long time flipper it is an amazing experience. The ball contact is incredible (with this amazing click sound). Then the ball goes distances I could never imagine. I was hitting 210 yard 4-irons at the range the other day. I used to hit my 4-iron about 180 yards. I have found that keeping my head back through impact (axis tilt) is definitely a key. I learned this through Bryan's pitch drill from "flipper." When I didn't keep my head back, I would shank a lot. However, in my efforts to keep it back, I occasionally leave my weight on my back foot, thus promoting a reverse pivot through impact, and an over-the-top move. Anyone got any ideas on how to walk and chew gum at the same time?? How do I make sure my weight transfers properly every time, but still leave my head back (to have good axis tilt)?????

Thanks again, Bryan! This is a wonderful site!

Rich

grs

New
WOW, I could not have said it better myself, I really appreciate all the knowledge and help at this forum, thank you Brian. I too am hitting my irons and woods way farther than I could, the other day I hit my driver and the ball hit the back fence about 15 feet from the ground[:0], before if I was lucky it would roll up to the fence, and I can actually hit the 3 iron as well, I always thought that club was dead weight in my bag, but now I can hit that too :D.

Actually, that is one possibility. I have played the ball a bit too far back in the past (near the middle of my stance), and following Bryan's flipper video, I have moved it farther forward in my stance. I may be reverting back sometimes. I should keep an eye on that.

Thanks!

Rich

GRS,

I agree!! Eliminating the Flip really improves ball contact and distance, especially for the irons. Now if I can just ingrain that proper feeling of doing it right. Bryan's drills on "flipper" are just terrific!

grs

New
I just wish I found this site sooner, like 10 years ago [8)], but its been great, I read the little yellow book, but Brians way of explaining things makes it so much easier to understand

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Thanks guys!

I have always said that the devil is in the details, and the golf will go to the guy who can make sense out if it, not recite it.

Status
Not open for further replies.