The Endless Belt Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. Have yet another question about a topic from the book. I don't know if there’s anymore to the concept and maybe you can explain it to me better but, is the endless belt effect just the relationship between a straight line delivery until it gets to the arc of the pulley and the hands speed up as an effect of it.

If someone could give me the link to the video Brian did on this that would be great.

Give me your thoughts just like you have before, I appreciate it.
Thanks

Hey everyone. Have yet another question about a topic from the book. I don't know if there’s anymore to the concept and maybe you can explain it to me better but, is the endless belt effect just the relationship between a straight line delivery until it gets to the arc of the pulley and the hands speed up as an effect of it.

If someone could give me the link to the video Brian did on this that would be great.

Give me your thoughts just like you have before, I appreciate it.
Thanks

The hand speed stays the same on the stright line as it is on the arc section...but the clubhead travels much more quickly around the arc section.

The endless belt effect isa spectrum from circle ( one large pulley arc) to the straight line with the smallest arc radius.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
An everyday example would be moving targets at a gun shooting range

the target goes along in a line , then when it reaches the end of the line it wraps around in an arc and comes back behind

explosive....great analogy. But what represents what when it come to the body parts and club in your analogy?

The hands represent the belt. The club is attached to the belt.

When the belt starts to curve, that's when Release starts.

So with a Circle Delivery Path, there is no straight line portion in the endless belt.

With a Snap Release, there would be a larger straight line portion, with a sharp turn as it reaches the curved part of the belt.

The clubhead speeds up instantaneously as is reaches the curved portion of the belt. During the linear or straight portion, the clubhead travels at the same speed as the belt.

Remember, the endless belt effect is only one concept. It should not be considered on its own. For example, during release there is extension of the lever assembly, which, via conservation of angular momentum, means the belt has to slow down (since more mass gets further away from the centre).

Status
Not open for further replies.