Tiger, McDowell, etc. pre-swings around to the left

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit confusion grasping the concept of "swinging left," and watching Tiger, Kuchar, McDowell and other Foley-ites swing "
"over-the-topish/carry-ish" around themselves, very much around and under before going up, only compounds my confusion. I would very much appreciate some clarity. I think I understand setting up and aiming left. Watching Zack Johnson right now brings to mind his work with a plane board, TGM, C-Plane. Is that idea relevant to "swinging left?"

D-plane, they're tired of swinging inside-out and producing hooks, you have to aim left to hit a straight ball off the ground.

D-plane, they're tired of swinging inside-out and producing hooks, you have to aim left to hit a straight ball off the ground.

I don't think you necessarily need to aim your body left to hit it straight. Just look at Sam Snead, Ben Hogan, etc. who aimed their bodies to the right with long irons.

Swinging left post-impact is a must, though. The golf swing is supposed to be on an inclined plane, not a straight line pointing at the target.

I don't think you necessarily need to aim your body left to hit it straight. Just look at Sam Snead, Ben Hogan, etc. who aimed their bodies to the right with long irons.

Swinging left post-impact is a must, though. The golf swing is supposed to be on an inclined plane, not a straight line pointing at the target.

agreed

Probably not a unique observation, but is it safe to say that occasionally Tiger "drags" the club left more than he is intending rather than releasing it out of his life-long fear of hooking it?

Probably not a unique observation, but is it safe to say that occasionally Tiger "drags" the club left more than he is intending rather than releasing it out of his life-long fear of hooking it?

Great point, that's another thing Tiger was working on! Tiger would try to get his hands to dart left while keeping his lag during the follow-through. With all this new information about the release, seems like something Brian would not approve of.

Status
Not open for further replies.