Trackman Newsletter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy: http://www.trackman.dk/download/newsletter/newsletter9.pdf

I'm sure the fun bunch had all of this stuff covered before their research a thon. Well, I'm sure the research a thon II will be better. :mad:

You need more than just a camera and the Internet to make these calculations!!! Next up, an iPhone from spare parts at RadioShack and more claims of face rotation rates without any numerical values.

The rotation rate affecting gear effect is an interesting concept.

Incredible machine!

Last edited:
Shhhh, the grown ups are talking now...

ScreenShot2013-01-22at115602AM_zps9393f027.png
vs.
ScreenShot2013-01-22at120144PM_zps8865de85.png

No, that's not the point. The point is that people, professionals, those equipped to do the verifying are not trying to do it - they are doing it. And more importantly, they are doing it correctly. That's the point. Doing something correctly is what counts.

Look at how many things your boys have tried to do. Trying (but failing) quit mattering after about the 1st grade.

If you want to be taken seriously you better quit hanging your hat on trying, and start producing something that doesn't get proven wrong at every turn.

Nice try.

I have no "boys"..just because I like to look at ALL the stuff thats out there rather than just accept statements as fact. If thats a sin I am guilty and will glad accept the punishment.

no the bigger mistake is not to try! Thats the point.

How about the rate of closure discussion, seems its not a useless discussion as so many had said it was.

The fun bunch never, ever discussed rate of closure relating to spin axis. They referenced the closure rate with face angle. Regardless, nobody defines rate of closure or any baselines. It might turn out to be relevant, but claiming a slower closure rate after examining video from a Casio is ridiculous. My guess is closure rate is player specific and just timing for purposes of improved face angle readings. Purely a guess.

The fun bunch never, ever discussed rate of closure relating to spin axis. They referenced the closure rate with face angle. Regardless, nobody defines rate of closure or any baselines. It might turn out to be relevant, but claiming a slower closure rate after examining video from a Casio is ridiculous.

It was discussed and we were not using a Casio. Now its relevence, thats beyond me. My very unscientific golf swing enthusiast though theorizes that a slower rate of closure will increase the chances of controlling the spin axis and thus increasing the quality of the shot.

This is all theory though.

Doesnt face angle have an impact on the shot?

I'm not talking about the joke a thon, I'm talking about prior to that time. NOTHING was specifically stated that ROC might increase/decrease the effect of gear effect. Rate of closure still isn't defined.

No, that's not the point. The point is that people, professionals, those equipped to do the verifying are not trying to do it - they are doing it. And more importantly, they are doing it correctly. That's the point. Doing something correctly is what counts.

Look at how many things your boys have tried to do. Trying (but failing) quit mattering after about the 1st grade.

If you want to be taken seriously you better quit hanging your hat on trying, and start producing something that doesn't get proven wrong at every turn.

Nice try.
Heh ... just dropped in after a few months away from the site. Are we really still having this conversation? (Of course we are.) Happy New Year, gang.

I have no "boys"..just because I like to look at ALL the stuff thats out there rather than just accept statements as fact. If thats a sin I am guilty and will glad accept the punishment.

This is something you like to trot out fairly often. The idea that you like to hear what's out there, then somehow decide what's accepted as good or bad information is something that somehow separates you from everyone else around here.

We're all being lead by a pied piper, right? Wasn't that how you described it? Differentiating yourself from the rest of us who don't know any better, who only except what's fed to us without any independent thoughts of our own. Wow. Quite a view from up there I'd imagine.

I imagine those of us who do our own information gathering don't have a clue. Those of us who've been teaching, training, or owning our own launch monitors don't have a clue. Those of us who've seen indexes drop don't have a clue. We’re all just spoon fed one narrow view of information which we blindly accept as fact.

I guess listening to an ass load of half baked theories, instruction from high handicappers, and measurements from on screen protractors makes one a well rounded, independent thinking swing aficionado. Something to be very proud of indeed.

This is something you like to trot out fairly often. The idea that you like to hear what's out there, then somehow decide what's accepted as good or bad information is something that somehow separates you from everyone else around here.

I think it does, yea, I am more open to other peoples ideas. Not as quick to dimiss things.

We're all being lead by a pied piper, right? Wasn't that how you described it? Differentiating yourself from the rest of us who don't know any better, who only except what's fed to us without any independent thoughts of our own. Wow. Quite a view from up there I'd imagine.

Yes, not going to disagree, I certainly feel like there is more partisan bias on this site to ideas presented by its auther, which is also fine, but something I feel is an accurate statement.

I imagine those of us who do our own information gathering don't have a clue. Those of us who've been teaching, training, or owning our own launch monitors don't have a clue.

Never said that, ever.

Those of us who've seen indexes drop don't have a clue. We’re all just spoon fed one narrow view of information which we blindly accept as fact.

Not all but some.

I guess listening to an ass load of half baked theories, instruction from high handicappers, and measurements from on screen protractors makes one a well rounded, independent thinking swing aficionado. Something to be very proud of indeed.

This is a silly statement. I have aquired instruction from many many places, and only half of them are high handicappers :p

Really lets not turn this into a personal thing when the discussion involves Trackman admitting Rate of Closure does impact ball flight.

Last edited:

natep

New
This is nothing new. Manz posted about this a long time ago. (increased roc leading to fade spin, etc.)

I imagine those of us who do our own information gathering don't have a clue. Those of us who've been teaching, training, or owning our own launch monitors don't have a clue. Those of us who've seen indexes drop don't have a clue. We’re all just spoon fed one narrow view of information which we blindly accept as fact.

mgranato, you're a hilarious guy and I love your personality. That being said.......lighten up, my friend. This is not life or death. Look at the big picture. You're arguing about golf on the Internet, for goodness sake. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.