TWISTAWAY QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST PURCHASED NSA2.0, WATCHED IT NUMEROUS TIMES ALREADY. ONE QUESTION THOUGH, IS IT WRONG TO INCORPORATE THE TWISTAWAY ACTION IN YOUR BACKSWING AFTER YOU COCK YOUR RIGHT WRIST, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

grs

New
Your right wrist should not cock, it bends back (unless your a lefty).

Left Wrist - cocks
Right wrist - bends

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
He's talking about the backswing.

Using twistaway the right wrist should bend straight back for right handed golfers.

If the right wrist bends back the left wrist HAS to be flat. This will ensure the proper alignments at the top or end of the back swing.

I was having this same problem- opening the clubface when my left wrist cocked up (about 2/3 back for me). I had to really hold the tension (aka the twist) in my left wrist and keep the clubface pointing away from me. You might want to think about Brian's image of dribbling the basketball against the wall. Your right palm will face away from you if you do this. There was a lot of tension in the left wrist at first, but now it is gone. This brought me to the top with more of a skyward looking clubface.

I really could not believe how sloppy my left wrist action had been- and then I wondered why I couldn't hit solid shots. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.