Upright post-impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed from down-the-line video of my swing that when the club is back to vertical after impact that it is a fair bit more upright than it was during the downswing.

Obviously I'm not trying to fix something after impact or change something purely for aesthetic reasons, but it seems to me that this is a reaction to something that has happened earlier in the swing.

Any ideas what could be causing this and what I should do to fix it?

I still flip a bit, am fighting a hook and my legs still bag a bit into impact, but have been watching the videos over and over and definitely making progress. This is just something I have noticed now and was wondering about. Is it just a result of a 'please don't hook it' action?

It may not be such a bad thing, depending on the grip type you are using. The more "turned" the left hand, the more vertical you may need to be as well as bent in the left wrist at "follow-through". The more vertical the position of the left hand grip, the more follow-through swivel, less bent.....the more "turned" the more vertical and "less" swivel, more bend needed to keep the clubface neutral. If possible, post a pic or video of your grip and swing. From your question I am assuming that your ball flight is ok?

Or perhaps......

Are your divots real thin? Like Kevin said you may be trying to catch up to your flip or maybe even swinging to far to the right. Without seeing your swing it is an educated guess.

What divots? Sounds like it is a flipping side-effect, so hopefully if I keep at the Confessions stuff it will find a more natural plane through the ball.

I'd say my grip was pretty neutral, but ball flight is high so suggests flipping as well. Probably because of the flip and being inside on the backswing I am too far out to the right too.

All in all sounds like I can keep going with what I have been doing! Thanks gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.