Weight shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff, I think the initila lateral shift drops the right shoulder and right elbow, along with rotation dropping it and not an independent arm action. I explained my side you explaned yours. we see things differnet, thats fine.

Ahh... missed that post mandrin.

I'm looking for no specific forces. Perhaps torque.

There's the 4th accumulator blast off, and the right shoulder down plane concepts that really intrigue me. I'm interested to see if either one appears to bear more burden than the other, and if so is there a special set of circumstances that dictate the direction that force needs to travel, and when it needs to be started/ended.

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
better watch out self-mastery, mandrin just might have a link to the physics of masturbation...or draw a diagram...

i'm only kidding, mandrin...your material and active debate are refreshing...keep it up...

Ahh... missed that post mandrin.

I'm looking for no specific forces. Perhaps torque.

There's the 4th accumulator blast off, and the right shoulder down plane concepts that really intrigue me. I'm interested to see if either one appears to bear more burden than the other, and if so is there a special set of circumstances that dictate the direction that force needs to travel, and when it needs to be started/ended.
Ringer, interesting questions, but not easy to give quick answers. They require analysis of a 3D multibody system incorporating a closed loop. I will give a try but it is going to take a lot more time than it took self-mastery to post his master piece. ;)

However, do you agree that ‘loading’ the left shoulder is primarily done with lower body pivot action and ‘thrusting’ the trail shoulder is more like a trail side compression of the body? The first action being associated with a ‘vertical’ axis the second one more with a horizontal axis of rotation, and combination of the two determining the resulting down swing plane?

Ringer, interesting questions, but not easy to give quick answers. They require analysis of a 3D multibody system incorporating a closed loop. I will give a try but it is going to take a lot more time than it took self-mastery to post his master piece. ;)

However, do you agree that ‘loading’ the left shoulder is primarily done with lower body pivot action and ‘thrusting’ the trail shoulder is more like a trail side compression of the body? The first action being associated with a ‘vertical’ axis the second one more with a horizontal axis of rotation, and combination of the two determining the resulting down swing plane?

I don't think compressing is at all acurate a term. Since the lower body is moving out of the way so the right shoulder and elbow can go in the location we desire, I don't think compressing is accurate at all.

I don't know if you've seen the video's I've done on the right shoulder and it's relation to the axis... but the angle of the spine is what allows the right shoulder to travel down plane. I don't think you can compress the body any more than you compress the ball. You can move things around to give a body part room to move, but that's not compression.

Don't mean to be nitpicky, but you asked for me to accept something I don't really accept.

I believe there is torque applied to both shoulders. I'm interested to see which one bears more burden than the other, and even more so if it might help with our discussion about "do the arms move and body support, or body create the motion of the arms". That old thing ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.