Wild Bill Melhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

hue

New
I understand that both Ben Hogan and Tommy Armour believed 'Wild' Bill to be the best ever from tee to green. His putting, however, could be wondrously awful. I have never seen his swing.

Does anyone have a link to footage of his swing?

There are a few pictures of Melhorn's swing in his book. It's not an easy book to find, but worth reading. It's both an instructional text, plus stories from a man whose career spanned Vardon, Jones, Hogan, Snead and Nelson. My boyhood teacher was taught by Melhorn and he successfully made the transition from professional baseball (Yankee's and WhiteSox) to professional golf (late 30 - 40's). His name was Sam Byrd. He swore that nearly every good player of that era (including Hogan) listened to Melhorn. Melhorn stressed two fundamentals (pivot and arm swing). He also stressed that you should swing the club naturally, just like you combed your hair, hammer a nail and walk.

Last edited:

rcw

New
WILD BILL

You can find Bills book at Champions Golf Club in Houston, TX. Along with Jackies book which also great.

Books and Dvd

If anyone would like to buy the book and the following dvd, send me a pm.

The rights to the book is own by an american who lives here in Sweden. He sells it in a package. You will get 2 dvds. One with the cowriter of the book, Bobby Shave, where he explains the drills and one with an old performance of Mehlhorn where he talks to a class at Florida University.

Brian and Co.
If you think it is unproper pls take the post away.

Status
Not open for further replies.