1 dimple off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back should I have used a different screen shot ?? A more accurate mathematical one? Yeah I definitely should of.. am I going to go back and change it -- NA.... my show's intention was just to show the parameters and screen shots.

Cool, glad you understand where I'm coming from.

I understood your show's intention in that episode was about acceleration, but from my perspective if the basic club parameters were dead wrong, then I wonder what else is wrong.

And I think others will feel that way as well. Not everybody, but many will.

Plus, I work in the field of statistics so I'm used to having bosses question stuff and if one tiny thing is slightly wrong, then they question the validity of the entire report/project. I don't expect everybody to be 100% correct 100% of the time, but something like that was such an egregious error IMO, I couldn't overlook it and could not help but question the acceleration profile data.

3JACK

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
Cool, glad you understand where I'm coming from.

I understood your show's intention in that episode was about acceleration, but from my perspective if the basic club parameters were dead wrong, then I wonder what else is wrong.

And I think others will feel that way as well. Not everybody, but many will.

Plus, I work in the field of statistics so I'm used to having bosses question stuff and if one tiny thing is slightly wrong, then they question the validity of the entire report/project. I don't expect everybody to be 100% correct 100% of the time, but something like that was such an egregious error IMO, I couldn't overlook it and could not help but question the acceleration profile data.
3JACK

I wouldn't worry about questioning the other data, I have logged more hours on the thing than any human. Its a great machine, have had it next to Trackman many times.

The best $10,000 I ever spent

Speeds / Acceleration / Golf Ball Tracking / Vertical Swing Plane / HSP
A+ on The Flightcope

Angle of Attack off a mat or hard surface - problematic because of bouncing etc...

I go to Florida soon to spend a day with the Head Technician & Designer as they will be presenting the new software to me
as they near a much better angle of attack off mats and lie boards.

But even as the technology improves it is still a machine measuring, even Paul Wood from Ping described last week the difficulty in measurement with iron heads because they are small. Driver measurements are much more secure because the head is bigger and easier to track.

I wouldn't worry about questioning the other data, I have logged more hours on the thing than any human. Its a great machine, have had it next to Trackman many times.

The best $10,000 I ever spent

Speeds / Acceleration / Golf Ball Tracking / Vertical Swing Plane / HSP
A+ on The Flightcope

Angle of Attack off a mat or hard surface - problematic because of bouncing etc...

I go to Florida soon to spend a day with the Head Technician & Designer as they will be presenting the new software to me
as they near a much better angle of attack off mats and lie boards.

But even as the technology improves it is still a machine measuring, even Paul Wood from Ping described last week the difficulty in measurement with iron heads because they are small. Driver measurements are much more secure because the head is bigger and easier to track.

+1

I've had the same experience with my FS Prime. Excellent off grass, but get the occasional odd reading off a mat. I despise hitting off mats, so this doesn't concern me at all. I've heard from several TM owners that "TM doesn't like divots". I prefer grass, and spend at least half of my time using the FS on the course. It being completely wireless (Bluetooth), and now not even needing a laptop (phone compatible) more than makes up for any odd data from bouncing clubheads off a mat. I'm much more interested in my distances and club numbers on the course than on the range.

Neither machine is perfect, and neither gives dead-on numbers for every swing on every surface.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
In the near future the most important thing for me with the Trackman will be "coaching" tournament players using wedge gaming, driver fitting and distances through the bag. As well as horizontal launch. All can be done off grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.