10-finger Baseball Grip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tour players use a 10-finger, two-piece, baseball grip? I know a a guy 5' 8" tall that just graduated from college named Brandon Brown (you guys from Ky may know him) and he uses this grip and smacks the ball 320 yards routinely. Any advantages?

Arch

rundmc

Banned
quote:Originally posted by Archie Swivel

Any tour players use a 10-finger, two-piece, baseball grip? I know a a guy 5' 8" tall that just graduated from college named Brandon Brown (you guys from Ky may know him) and he uses this grip and smacks the ball 320 yards routinely. Any advantages?

Arch

Seems like Freddie Funk uses 10 finger some. I heard he varies his grip alot. Also didn't Moe Norman use 10 finger? I think Bill Clinton uses the stinky finger grip.

Bob Estes uses a 10 finger grip. So did Bob "he's got no shot Curtis" Rosburg. And former LPGA player Missie Berteotti did as well. I used it for a while after an injury to my right 5th finger---but have gone back to an overlap.

I use Manzella neutral as my standard grip, but on the range I was tinkering with the baseball grip so that I could get my left wrist arched like I discussed on the Trevino thread. Breaking the unity of the right and left hand allowed my to strike the inside corner of the ball with an arched left wrist more easily. Really good results if I don't hook.

You can't interlock? I've got woman hands too (my pinky always slips off in the rain when I overlap)....but I use interlock.

Don't you find that interlocking inhibits the ability to arch the left wrist?-- the right hand acts as a checkrein on left wrist arching with me.

quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

You can't interlock? I've got woman hands too (my pinky always slips off in the rain when I overlap)....but I use interlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.