2 questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

benk

New
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with 2 questions that I have.
1. In my finish [ Brian talked about this a little in his perfect pivot article no. 2], for some reason, my body rotates all the way around, to the point where my chest is pointed at least 45 degrees to the target line [Maybe more, maybe less], its a definate over-rotation. I have never done this before, and don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Just about every time I watch a very good ball striker swing, I notice a dramatic dropping of the CLUB to the inside. You can see what I'm talking about very plainly on Ben Hogan for example, as the club almost goes straight to the left at the beginning of the downswing. I was wondering what causes this, and what is needed in the golf swing to implement it.

To anyone that can answer even one of these questions, It would help a ton. Thanks.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with 2 questions that I have.
1. In my finish [ Brian talked about this a little in his perfect pivot article no. 2], for some reason, my body rotates all the way around, to the point where my chest is pointed at least 45 degrees to the target line [Maybe more, maybe less], its a definate over-rotation. I have never done this before, and don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

If you mean that your right shoulder is closer to the target at the finish than the left, it sounds like you are using your pivot to wallup the ball. Nothing wrong there.

2. Just about every time I watch a very good ball striker swing, I notice a dramatic dropping of the CLUB to the inside. You can see what I'm talking about very plainly on Ben Hogan for example, as the club almost goes straight to the left at the beginning of the downswing. I was wondering what causes this, and what is needed in the golf swing to implement it.

If you are tracing a straight plane line, don't worry about trying to get to the elbow plane(I think this is what you mean w/you Hogan example) If you are on a steeper plane it is fine. Many great players did this.

benk

New
I understand that You want to wallop the ball with your pivot, but what I have just seems to be very extreme. Instead of my body just facing left of the target with a nice balanced finish, I'm pretty much twisted with my left foot not even able to stay on the ground. I just can't imagine it can be right.

Jeffman, I do have that hip squaring move, but for some reason, my club does not drop to the inside, and I lose a bit of lag.

In terms of the 2nd question, what do you mean by a straight plane line? I'm not very versed in TGM, but I do understand the elbow plane. Thanks for answering though.

Status
Not open for further replies.