A General thank you to Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art, you are a wonderful recent addition to this forum. I feel more knowledgeable every time you post. Thank you.

gumper

art

New
Art, you are a wonderful recent addition to this forum. I feel more knowledgeable every time you post. Thank you.

gumper

Dear gumper, jimmyt, Brian and anyone else that has had similar thoughts,

Thanks for the kind and sincere words regarding my recent posts.

I have for a few years felt that I was blessed with several gifts that as my mom and dad taught me, I had to share with others. The most important however, was the recognition that these were gifts, and to be careful about the ego taking over. I must honestly admit, during my education and career, I had a lot of trouble with that conflict, and in retrospect failed often.

So with this retired 'rocket scientist' and now, self-proclaimed 'golf scientist, I ask you 3, and this whole golf community seeking to find truth and improve, to hold me to the standard 'Joe Friday' was known for, and that is "just the facts". In addition, I pledge to energetically work on boiling down complicated science to 'applied golf instruction' supporting suggestions.

It took me a few years to understand this, but the students dearly need the instructors, not the scientists, however, as I am sure you have already anticipated, IMO, the instructors dearly need the scientists, and this wonderful 'new generation' of digital technology.

Its GREAT to be associated with folks like all of you.

Best collection of golf minds on the Internet, but even this site can be improved by adding a little art.

Welcome sir.

Dear gumper, jimmyt, Brian and anyone else that has had similar thoughts,

Thanks for the kind and sincere words regarding my recent posts.

I have for a few years felt that I was blessed with several gifts that as my mom and dad taught me, I had to share with others. The most important however, was the recognition that these were gifts, and to be careful about the ego taking over. I must honestly admit, during my education and career, I had a lot of trouble with that conflict, and in retrospect failed often.

So with this retired 'rocket scientist' and now, self-proclaimed 'golf scientist, I ask you 3, and this whole golf community seeking to find truth and improve, to hold me to the standard 'Joe Friday' was known for, and that is "just the facts". In addition, I pledge to energetically work on boiling down complicated science to 'applied golf instruction' supporting suggestions.

It took me a few years to understand this, but the students dearly need the instructors, not the scientists, however, as I am sure you have already anticipated, IMO, the instructors dearly need the scientists, and this wonderful 'new generation' of digital technology.

Its GREAT to be associated with folks like all of you.

Most of the egos where I live come from getting you picture on the "I ate a 72 oz porterhouse in 30 minutes" wall of fame. I hope you don't mind suffering the occasional remedial question from some of the more scienceologically challenged members here.

Don't know what kind of a player you are, but if you are interested, you will no doubt become a better player for being around this group of instructors. It's a one way street for a lot of us, but I think you'll see traffic on both sides of the road. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.