A little struggle with NHA 2.0 pattern....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been crushing the driver with this pattern until this weekend. Developed a big ol' high SLICE. I haven't sliced the ball for a long time.

I couldn't correct this out of the pattern. My driver distance fell off as well.

Any suggestions?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Have been crushing the driver with this pattern until this weekend. Developed a big ol' high SLICE. I haven't sliced the ball for a long time.

I couldn't correct this out of the pattern. My driver distance fell off as well.

Any suggestions?

The Never Hook Again pattern works best for a golf who can hook the ball at will.

Because all the "rights" will be balanced off.

But, it is a good pattern for golfers who aren't that strong as well.

I would simply work my way out of the problem with Soft Draw components, and you'll probably find YOUR customized pattern in there.

Last year, I adopted the NHA pattern to swing more left and improve contact on my iron shots. I have had the same problem as you where I go from hitting the ball straight to hitting fades and slices (especially in colder weather). One thing that I have experimented with to correct this problem is to concentrate on taking a full shoulder turn with a full extension. When I do this, the fades and slices disappear and I feel that I am getting a better rotation (sequencing) on my downswing. I am not sure why this occurs. Perhaps with a slightly longer backswing, my hips have more time to clear and get open which, in turn, helps square up the clubface.

Brad

The Never Hook Again pattern works best for a golf who can hook the ball at will.

I would simply work my way out of the problem with Soft Draw components, and you'll probably find YOUR customized pattern in there.

sounds to me like the nha pattern accomplished it's mission of dejunking and eliminating the hooks, and now it is just time to move more towards the center of the matrix...
btw brian and academy, from your experience, is it always a balancing act moving back and forth in the matrix, or do most people find their comfort zone eventually? i remember jim k saying he sometimes goes back to the nsa pattern from time to time.

Thanks for the insights! Will take a look at SD again. I actually started hooking the heck out of the ball. Now that I'm challenged, I think I'll go up to the range and see but I'm pretty sure I can....or at least a wicked block if the clubface is wrong.

The irons are working really well with NHA and the 3w has been off the charts. The driver was fine then all of the sudden.....ugh...wicked slice. The other clubs aren't affected (yet). The only thing I am fighting with misses on those clubs is the occasional fatty or thinned shot.

The ball starts straight and at 2/3 into the flights starts turning right like a train is heading for it.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
You can bounce around from pattern to pattern for a while but EVENTUALLY as you fix all the flaws in the swing you should settle on something. I personally have always fought a bit of an open clubface issue because i hate hitting it left so yes i can do NSA to guard against it when everything "goes bad."

Is it a slice or a push fade? I haven't sliced with NHA but I can hit a push fade a time or two every 18.

The ball starts straight and at 2/3 into the flights starts turning right like a train is heading for it.
Got the slice fixed. A friend noticed I was doing a bit of roundhouseing. Was adding some compensations that caused the slice. Got rid of the right shoulder round and everything went back to where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.