ADHD are we all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
I dont talk golf with any more than a handful of golf pros in Australia. They all tell me how good they are and their method for example Gary Edwin, Leadbetter etc. and I just try to fall asleep in my mind walk away or change the subject they walk away feeling good about themselves and I just let their crap ride on(Bill McKinney needs to do this when talking about political, religious or golf issues with people. Talking to an unarmed for intelligence or information person is like a waste of time.

ADHD can be good if we can manage it. What ever is unstable, must be powerful... as long as we can make it consistent - Maximum Participation

rundmc

Banned
quote:Originally posted by shootin4par

adhd= inability to focus for long periods of time
high IQ= ability to figure things out quickly
In golf do you really have to focus that long anyway? I mean how long does it take to make a STROKE? You gotta focus like 6 seconds max.

I teach children with different kinds of reduced learning skills, some of them are diagnosed with ADHD. From what I know not many people with ADHD would be able to participate on a G.O.L.F.-forum like this.

quote:Originally posted by ThomGN

I teach children with different kinds of reduced learning skills, some of them are diagnosed with ADHD. From what I know not many people with ADHD would be able to participate on a G.O.L.F.-forum like this.
thom, what do you teach, I teach an ESE class myself with six of my kids being autistic, and the other displays some traits very similar but not sure of his diagnosis.

My thoughts on adhd, and a somewhat educated thought at that, diet is a big culprit. Many of the disorders today are a product of lifestyle, meaning the way we eat, sleeping habits, too many pills for everything, too much caffeine, WAY WAY WAY too much sugar, simple carbs, etc etc. We all uderstand that one gram of coccaine has a HUGE effect on us but yet we eat three pounds of food a day and think we are invincible to side effects from that, how smart is that?

Bono

New
OZ....

FYI - the TGM logo is copywrited. I suggest you remove it just in case....unless you have consent.

Just looking out for ya....

quote:Originally posted by shootin4par

quote:Originally posted by ThomGN

thom, what do you teach, I teach an ESE class myself with six of my kids being autistic, and the other displays some traits very similar but not sure of his diagnosis.

My thoughts on adhd, and a somewhat educated thought at that, diet is a big culprit. Many of the disorders today are a product of lifestyle, meaning the way we eat, sleeping habits, too many pills for everything, too much caffeine, WAY WAY WAY too much sugar, simple carbs, etc etc. We all uderstand that one gram of coccaine has a HUGE effect on us but yet we eat three pounds of food a day and think we are invincible to side effects from that, how smart is that?

I teach in a special school. Diet is something we take very seriously, especially the intake of sugar. In a year we have seen a huge increase in concentration and stamina by reducing the amount of sugar (and/or replacing with fruitsugar) the students eat.
With ADHD, diet is not enough. A very structured timetable is very important, (what, why, how long, where, with who etc.).
You don't want to give ADHDs to many options to choose from and worst part of school for them are often the breaks. When they don't know what to do is when the inner noise/uneasiness/anxiety starts and they need to dampen it by making outer noise. That's when they are often viewed as troublemakers.
I don't see golf as an obvious sport for ADHDs.

My autistic students and those with Asbergers syndrom I've taken to the golfcourse. After reading about Moe Norman, I thought, Ahh here's a good excuse for golfing during workhours;)

Bono

New
Your welcome...

And, no disrespect. But trust me, it is copywrited..by Homer himself. And transferred to the new owners. Joe might not mind, just saying the logo itself is definitely copywrited.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.