KOC

New
New No. 1 in Rolex Rankings...only 5' 2" and less than 250 yards average DD

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEMX9gdeKM[/media]

Another good example of upright swing plane win...:D

New No. 1 in Rolex Rankings...only 5' 2" and less than 250 yards average DD

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIEMX9gdeKM[/media]

Another good example of upright swing plane win...:D

I could hit the ball further with one arm... either arm. What she's doing is absolutely pathetic. Reminds me of Nick Faldo.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MIEMX9gdeKM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MIEMX9gdeKM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Pound for pound...that is awesome.

A little weird on the way back, but the ball doesn't know.

Love the little float load on the way down, but I'll be she hits some "lefties" when the rhythm is a off (wind, nerves). Mind you, she doesn't seem to have nerves.

Adorable little gal. Putts light lights out.

Who is the other Miyazato girl on tour right now?
Watched her hit balls for an hour the other day. nice move also!
Matt

So she was no 1 for a week... then Christie Kerr overtook her.

Surely this is validation about Brian's argument that the LGPA tour needs to toughen up it's courses?

On the one hand, it seems a little odd that she can getaway with dinking it around like this, on the other - it's good to see diversity, and respect to her for getting the job done, obviously she must have some awesome short game.

I think Anna Nordqvist is the one to watch on this tour.

The first couple of irons are obviously at off speed practice pace. The third iron seems to be more at playing speed.

Miyazato is 100th in driving distance on the LPGA tour at 242. John Senden is 100th on the PGA tour at 283, about a 40 yard difference. Michelle Wie is tops on the LPGA at 270 and tops on the PGA is about 311, again approximately 40 yards.

Assume an LPGA pro hits a 7 iron 150 yards and a PGA pro hits it 175. That's about 25 yards difference. In a round, a pro might hit driver 12 times. 12 times 40 equals 480 yards. They probably hit at least 18 approaches at 25 yards difference each time for a total of 450 yards. Out of the gate, men are hitting the ball 930 yards further than women when you add up drives and approaches.

So let's check out the women's majors for 2010. Locust Hill 6506 yards, Mission Hills 6702 yards, Royal Birkdale 6465 yards and Oakmont 6598 yards. If you want to make a comparison add our 930 yards to those distances.

Oakmont is a great apples to apples example. The women are playing it at 6598 this year at par 71. The men played it at 7230 par 70 in 2007. That is a difference of 632 yards. Also factor in the one stroke par difference which probably favors the men. So, subtracting the 632 yard actual difference from our 930 yard advantage that men have because they hit the ball further that leaves almost 300 yards.

I guess the question is when are they going to toughen up those PGA courses so they are as difficult comparatively as the courses the LPGA pros play?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Brian Manzella Analysis of Ai Mayazato's Golf Swing

AMpattern.gif

AUDIO by Brian Manzella to follow....

Yo BMAN it would be great to hear about this one...

Don't think you've done an analysis on here about a swing quite like this (for a top level player)...

Bit of a funny looking swing, "stands up on it", etc.

Usually we talk about the nice looking swings. "Impressive" looking swings.

If you have time of course though. (I know you are a World Traveller)

(New Orleans Globetrotter)

(maybe they have WIFI on the private jets...?!? :);))

Status
Not open for further replies.