Am I too far across the line on the backswing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwat

New
Everytime I go to Brian for a lesson, one of the things we always work on is taking the hands and my turn inside on the backswing. Haven't been back for a lesson in several months.

Do you guys think I am over-cooking it now?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j892QdaKU8o[/media]

This is more of a comment. I took a lesson from Michael Jacobs about a month ago. You have some of the same issues that he pointed out to me.

I was more across the line than you are, but similar. He showed me how steep I was in the downswing. Called it swinging down through my neck.
He wanted me deeper in the backswing and didn't want the shaft past parallel. We ended up bringing my Vertical Swing Plane down by about 10 degrees on the 6 iron. I felt sort of like Steve Stricker, but hit it better.

You have that overdone backswing and steep downswing path.

Jwat

New
This is more of a comment. I took a lesson from Michael Jacobs about a month ago. You have some of the same issues that he pointed out to me.

I was more across the line than you are, but similar. He showed me how steep I was in the downswing. Called it swinging down through my neck.
He wanted me deeper in the backswing and didn't want the shaft past parallel. We ended up bringing my Vertical Swing Plane down by about 10 degrees on the 6 iron. I felt sort of like Steve Stricker, but hit it better.

You have that overdone backswing and steep downswing path.

I remember you mentioning that to me in a previous thread. I have been trying to get wider (which Brian also wanted) on the backswing, but starting down I can't seperate my hands/arms from my body rotation. Also tried 3/4 swing and same results. I know I need to get shorter on the backswing. Just feels like I have a 2 piece takeaway and a 1 piece downswing.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Not really.

Are you too "across the line"?

No.

Are you to steep?

Maybe.

But only of you can't put up better numbers slightly flatter.

Jwat

New
Are you too "across the line"?

No.

Are you to steep?

Maybe.

But only of you can't put up better numbers slightly flatter.

I will work on getting slightly flatter in the backswing. I don't want to do anything too drastic since I have a lesson with you next week. Anything else I may need to work on before the lesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.