any role left for video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tman teaches us, not them. I agree about the better players but it's more what we have learned from Tman that has helped me as a teacher. I still use my eyes a lot.

I started teaching with my eyes only, then video, now TRACKMAN and I'm probably better than when I started. But maybe I'd be better after 30 years of doing it anyway? I agree with Kevin and he and I have discussed it length, teaching is as much a feel as a look. I've learned a lot about impact and science through TRACKMAN and forums this, but in the end it comes down to doing it and doing it, and seeing so many swings they become a part of you. It's like high art vs paint by numbers, or as my musician friend says, it's not the notes, it's what in between the notes that makes the piece.

Good Post!

grus

New
I started teaching with my eyes only, then video, now TRACKMAN and I'm probably better than when I started. But maybe I'd be better after 30 years of doing it anyway? I agree with Kevin and he and I have discussed it length, teaching is as much a feel as a look. I've learned a lot about impact and science through TRACKMAN and forums this, but in the end it comes down to doing it and doing it, and seeing so many swings they become a part of you. It's like high art vs paint by numbers, or as my musician friend says, it's not the notes, it's what in between the notes that makes the piece.

Great post. A lot of my experience has come from teaching(All skill levels) and observing good players. There have been a lot of great players and instructors who never used a video camera or trackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.