Anybody tried tour tempo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by goodgolf57

Looks interesting. Comments or opinions are appreciated.
www.tourtempo.com

Thanks

I just bought it this week. I think it has real value. I have just played with it in my backyard with Almost golfballs (foam training balls).

For me it takes the focus of positions and just on timing. It seems to make the swing feel very smooth and I seemed to be very consistent while focusing on the tones while listening to the cd while swinging.

I will be going to to the range this weekend and can report back.

Just got the book---trying to read in between corn planting,

would like to try the tempo device under www.swing-tempo.com, but i suppose I'll borrow my son's walkman and put in the cd from the book

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by sbark

Just got the book---trying to read in between corn planting,

would like to try the tempo device under www.swing-tempo.com, but i suppose I'll borrow my son's walkman and put in the cd from the book
Is this device recommended in the book? Thanks.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
A standard metronome will work just as well.

The company's other product, the XLR8tr would be fine, but the 'clubhead' is round with the sweetspot on the shaft plane, not like a normal golf club.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

Brian: What points in the swing do you set the two bleeps to go off with the metronome? Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by hue

quote:Originally posted by brianman

Brian: What points in the swing do you set the two bleeps to go off with the metronome? Thanks.

The Tour Tempo system does not work well with a metrnome in my opinion because it is based on a ratio. it is not three beats up and one down. The downswing is one third of the backswing time. This cannot be set with a metronome.

Initial results are very good. Swings speeds are up a bit and the swing looks very smooth on video.

The best aspects is there are no thoughts on mechanical aspects of the swing. When they do creep in the effects are immediately negative. Secret is to commit and then focus on tempo.

This will not correct serious flaws but so far I am more consisitent with this.

EdZ

New
I've check it out, and it is very good. Probably the best way to feel 'counter fall' onto the left leg that I've found.

I think a lot of folks will get real benefit from using this, helps smooth out the transition and feel the 'fall' of the club from the top that is hard to teach.

quote:Originally posted by hue

newlydad: Is the www.swing-tempo.com, device recommended by the Tour Tempo book as an alternative to the metronome? Does it work on the 3 to 1 basis? Thanks.

I did not see any mention of that device in the book.

There are 5 ratios on the cd that is included with the book. The author recommends listening to the cd while practicing. It does not take long for the rythym of the tones to stick in your head.

For the three most popular tempos there is also just the first 2 tones which signal the start of the backswing and the start of the "through" swing. I do not like down anyway as I think that messes up swings also. I have been practicing the two tones in the house as the wife hates full swings indoors.

Each of the three most popular tempos has three sounds tracks.
1. start the swing tone, start the through swing tone
2. start the swing tone, start the through swing tone, impact tone
3. Spoken to the tempo: "Swing, set, through".

One other aspect on the tones on the cd. Human reaction time is figured into the sounds of the tones. Tone 1, start your back swing. Tone 2, start your "through" swing. Tone 3, impact.

It's been too rainy here to get out and even practice here but i hope to play on Saturday and will update on the first round with a tempo swing thought.

I bought the book/CD and like it very much, although I skipped the chapter on swing mechanics (no need). I uploaded the tones to my iPod so that I could use it on the range. I highly recommend doing this.

hue

New
Those who have used this system: Did you notice a big difference from your original tempo to the ones recommended in the CD? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.