Anyone heard/seen what Els has been doing diffrently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i DID get that issue of GD on my trip to Canada lol

i remember not liking it much. we all know freddy plays a fade, as his left lean at the top, his high hands and his open face at the top meant that in his transition he gets a little under the sweetspot and hits a fade.

but they said the classic 'trapped behind him' bla bla bla and said he had trouble with hooks, which he counteracted by opening his stance and playing a fade.

no where in the piece that freddy actually 'wrote' (or is quoted as saying) does he talk about drawing the ball more, or ever having trouble with hooks.

seems to me that GD were playing to their readers, who are mostly amateurs who have open clubfaces and want to hit draws, and it looks better if they say that the very popular Couples hits a nice draw

Ya I have no idea if it would be good to try it on him. He probably wouldn't go for a big change anyway. These guys are always scared. :rolleyes::D

I dunno...I just have always been interested as to what would happen.

Freddy has been hitting some more draws lately (they've shown them during tv coverage with that cool new flight-tracking system), but I'm not sure that he has switched to a draw as normal ballflight.
I do remember hearing him say on TGC that he has had to change his position at the top because of his back, and can't hit as big of a fade as he used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.