Are there people who should avoid SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK of course couldn´t resist trying SD for the last few weeks. My chronic overswing is a tad shorter and clubface is magically less open... 1-1,5 club longer on the range...but spraying shots all over... first time on the course... high powerful pushes and low hooks... shot 50 and almost got killed by my timid fourball partner after sending 2 drivers OB on 14...

So we should all be patient...

Every other attempt to shorten and tighten my move have failed (stand exactly still and just RFT/ "hitting" /imitating tripods/interrupt the BS with a DS...etc)

BUT what are the odds with SD for the overswinging hacker?

Last edited:
SD has been terrific for me....

Since I started using SD, I dropped strokes big time. My iron play improved tremendously. I did struggle with the driver with it but....Brian gave me some insights as to how to fix that.

I fell into a bad spell with it but...a little mirror work showed me exactly what I was doing wrong. I just couldn't fix it on the course.

I've been playing just over 3 years. SD got me shooting in the 80's for the first time. You may need one of the other patterns before SD. I was NSA and NHA before SD

Since I started using SD, I dropped strokes big time. My iron play improved tremendously. I did struggle with the driver with it but....Brian gave me some insights as to how to fix that.

I fell into a bad spell with it but...a little mirror work showed me exactly what I was doing wrong. I just couldn't fix it on the course.

I've been playing just over 3 years. SD got me shooting in the 80's for the first time. You may need one of the other patterns before SD. I was NSA and NHA before SD

Glad to hear your driver is working now for you Bill. Care to share how you fixed it?

OK of course couldn´t resist trying SD for the last few weeks. My chronic overswing is a tad shorter and clubface is magically less open... 1-1,5 club longer on the range...but spraying shots all over... first time on the course... high powerful pushes and low hooks... shot 50 and almost got killed by my timid fourball partner after sending 2 drivers OB on 14...

So we should all be patient...

Every other attempt to shorten and tighten my move have failed (stand exactly still and just RFT/ "hitting" /imitating tripods/(interrupt the BS with a DS...etc)

BUT what are the odds with SD for the overswinging hacker?

We have the same problem. I made a thread a while back where I mentioned I was "crushing" my pushes. I also hit the low hook.

PS If I could turn that push into straight HOLY COW look out. I would be going low...

We have the same problem. I made a thread a while back where I mentioned I was "crushing" my pushes. I also hit the low hook.

PS If I could turn that push into straight HOLY COW look out. I would be going low...

Guess you could always aim left :)

It isn't

Glad to hear your driver is working now for you Bill. Care to share how you fixed it?

Quite fixed yet. I did fix the duck hooking. I do have it going consistently right of the target, usually in a slight push....sometimes a push with a slight fade to slice.....but at least it's going in a basic direction.

I haven't implemented what Brian told me to do. I have a scramble tonight. Hopefully, the rain here will quit and I will get to work on it.

dbl

New
Technically, as a pattern goes, anyone who CAN do the components would (by definition) be able to do them.

But getting back to who might have trouble with it: imo SD has about 6 components and if anything...people with a bad pivot might have trouble with SD. Also people who have poor hand control. Of course, by following and working on a specific pattern like this some people might learn and overcome their basic issues, so avoidance of SD wouldn't be warranted for those who can learn from it.

Aside from that, I would think some people from the left side of the Matrix might need to watch bending their plane line too far right.

Thanks

I represent the hackers, people with limited golfing abilities resulting in sustained absence of the three imperatives.

We are slicers or leakage hookers.

SD surprisingly deals with a lot of our problems, we get a less open clubface without having to do the full twistaway, a more rightward planeline hopefully without too much bend, a better pivot with more support from the left foot in the DS...

If you don´t have the early support from the left foot in the DS you just have to flip or lunge...and with SD, then you´re dead (or a hacker)?

There is a lot that speaks for that the hacker who just cannot do the twistaway right should stay a while with SD despite the left-right spraying...

Yes, SD does probably more good to us than to most good players...?

BUT SD is not a pattern for you if despite all your efforts you CANNOT learn to step on the left foot before the DS...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.