arm forearm rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the secret to getting the proper forearm rotation in the back swing and downswing? What makes it automatic in the swing and where does this rotation take place?

Grab a medicine ball (or just a soccer or basketball), get in your golf posture or whatever, and try to swing it. You won't do any funny stuff. Doesn't mean it's "proper" for you, but you will feel what having no weird movements like wrapping the club around or laying it off is like.

hp12c

New
What is the secret to getting the proper forearm rotation in the back swing and downswing? What makes it automatic in the swing and where does this rotation take place?

Take a club and take your normal grip, lift it of the ground and make/trace an infinity symbol in the air with the clubhead.
just in case you dont know what that symbol looks like, its the number 8 sidways/laid down only not so round.
Although you can start real big to get the idea. Start with a small symbol and slowly work it until its you full swing.
To clarify, where the to halves intersect is the starting point.

I would say it means pay for the information. But from what Ive seen here Bmanz gives sooooooo much for free correct/science based info I would not be to concerned u wont get a reply. :cool:

Who is the nut that wants me to pay for information, is he one of the idiots Brian talks about?

Part of the problem is the question itself.

1. The 'secret' is there is no secret, at least not one that will work for everyone.
2. Proper for who? A fader, a drawer, underplane, overplane etc....
3. Last but not least you must realize that (although the forearm rotation does help in closing the face) you can rotate your forearm without turning your wrist with it, to a varying degree based on personal flexibility.

Remember Brian's signature...."All you have is your hand path, the force along that path, and torque about that path"... The golf swing is a tango of these three forces interacting throughout the swing. The forearm 'secret' you want is merely a variable that will change from person to person based on many many factors.

dbl

New
Jerry, over in one of the videos Brian posted recently (this one http://www.brianmanzella.com/golfin...ining-some-terms-we-use-our-explanations.html) he identifies one of the mysteries (at least for me)...I've experienced and wondered about...in the downswing the torques are applied a lot sooner (like halfway down) than the main clubface turning (which happens quite late). I take that to mean that torque is actively applied at the right time, and the affect in the system is that down by the ball, the face rotates the most degrees per inch of clubshaft travel (or whatever measure). It's near the ball that we see the face turning the most. So a "mystery" is that you don't torque and immediately get the face turning, it's later.

Jerry, over in one of the videos Brian posted recently (this one http://www.brianmanzella.com/golfin...ining-some-terms-we-use-our-explanations.html) he identifies one of the mysteries (at least for me)...I've experienced and wondered about...in the downswing the torques are applied a lot sooner (like halfway down) than the main clubface turning (which happens quite late). I take that to mean that torque is actively applied at the right time, and the affect in the system is that down by the ball, the face rotates the most degrees per inch of clubshaft travel (or whatever measure). It's near the ball that we see the face turning the most. So a "mystery" is that you don't torque and immediately get the face turning, it's later.
ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.