axis tilt..too much??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the essential importance of the axis tilt..I think that i might have overdone it already..How do you know if you already have too much axis tilt at setup..What are the disadvantages if having too much axis tilt..=)

its very unlikely you have too much at SET UP. you can definately have too much at impact however. if you are swinging inside out and pusing the ball, this is a clear indicator that you are tilting too much through the hit. also, too much at address will result in a very inside takeaway, that is very close to the ground. this results in hitting fat usually. easy way to get this right is to stand upright, get in your posture, hold the club straight down from your chest through the belly button, and tilt until the club hits your left leg

You may not be tilting too much...

You may not be turning enough to match your tilt. God knows, since my most recent lessons 1 1/2 months ago, I created a terrible push when I get lazy on the turning. It all gets better when I get that navel facing the target at impact (a swing thought).

sometimes i feel as though i have to much tilt in the downswing. perhaps not turning through enough. but the feeling is like it's more a bending backward with my upper body---almost like it's too much on purpose. how do you know when you have the right amount of axis tilt? or should you just fire the right shoulder down to the ball and what happens, happens? thanks

sometimes i feel as though i have to much tilt in the downswing. perhaps not turning through enough. but the feeling is like it's more a bending backward with my upper body---almost like it's too much on purpose. how do you know when you have the right amount of axis tilt? or should you just fire the right shoulder down to the ball and what happens, happens? thanks

Fats...too much....:)

exactly...or else i come up and hit thin. i did find some help in his youtube number 4. i'll have to work on getting the tailbone to the target. any other help appreciated.

I would agree, I would also say the more pitch elbow, the more axis tilt needed to put it on plane, may also depend on type of trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.