Axis Tilts and what they tell us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of "Axis Tilt" varies for the intended ball flight, delivery path of the hands, and selected delivery line of the clubhead....Also one's body type especially flexibility between the Upper and lower portion of the torso determine how much one can achieve....

Brian in this post on Axis tilts, looking at the photo's all with the left arm in a level to the ground position. ( I wont say the cords to it) Can we lay out the ball flights and downswing baselines to these?

Not Brian ...and not trying to answer either...

Can I add a supplementary question please...?

TGM talks about circle delivery path for hands and describes it as both:-

- an extension of the "top arc" path of hands ( seen in swingers/long back swing

and

- a non-axis tilt pivot stroke ( or something like that...)

So if for a circle delivery path you have zero axis tilt ...does it follow that if you have less axis tilt ...you have more circle (longer top arc)???

Can I add a supplementary question please...?

TGM talks about circle delivery path for hands and describes it as both:-

- an extension of the "top arc" path of hands ( seen in swingers/long back swing

and

- a non-axis tilt pivot stroke ( or something like that...)

So if for a circle delivery path you have zero axis tilt ...does it follow that if you have less axis tilt ...you have more circle (longer top arc)???

Yes however to what degree. Alot of non tour players go from zero to more tilt on the downswing. If they were good players they would be able to keep the pivot in both patterns.
I would not say which is better, its just what can be done over and over,for the long hall and under the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.