Back yard practice area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have my video camera situation set. I have been taking it to the driving range near work during lunch. Most times it is no problem but now that the warmer weather is here, I often find that it is too crowded to get the camera set up correctly since I need a little space. That or I invariably get about 5 guys wanting to look at it or me video tape their swings. :) Anyway, I do have some of the plastic balls and can hit them in the back yard since I have a pretty decent sized yard. But, they just dont feel real. I am thinking of getting a nice big net so that I can hit real balls. The thing is the turf. i dont really want to tear up my yard so i guess I will use a mat of some sort since I am mainly just shooting video to see how my swing is looking and not really concerned with ball flight etc. Any of you guys have suggestions on a mat and a net that would work? Or, do any of you guys have experience with turf? I know the range here close to work simply moves their teeing line back and forth, but not sure how they grow the turf back. I do know they sand the heck out of the area. One of my big complaints at this range is how sandy and crappy the turf is. If a mat gives a false impression of hitting the ball well, then this stuff is just the opposite. Everything feels fat. But, back to the original question. Any suggestions on mats and nets?

Fan,

I like Fiberbuilt mats as they are not as hard and the hit sections can be replaced. You might also find a used mat from a range near you.

As far as nets, I have used West Coast Netting. They are in Arizona, but you may find something closer to you.

ldeit

Status
Not open for further replies.