Basckswing option

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently tried a backswing drill promoted by Mike Adams. From address just lift club to horizontal, do a baseball backswing, then a normal downswing. Works great and I'm curious if Brian and the other gurus think this could be a valid backswing option rather than just a drill. After a little more trial and a lot more thinking, I believe this backswing has several benefits and eliminates many potential swing errors. By lifting arms 1st, it is much easier to sync arms with body turn, club stays outside hands, and any tendency to inside takeaway is automatically prevented. Also easier to make sure twistaway is on plane. I'd be curious for some of the experts out there to try it and let me know what you think.

quote:Originally posted by Ripper

I've recently tried a backswing drill promoted by Mike Adams. From address just lift club to horizontal, do a baseball backswing, then a normal downswing. Works great and I'm curious if Brian and the other gurus think this could be a valid backswing option rather than just a drill. After a little more trial and a lot more thinking, I believe this backswing has several benefits and eliminates many potential swing errors. By lifting arms 1st, it is much easier to sync arms with body turn, club stays outside hands, and any tendency to inside takeaway is automatically prevented. Also easier to make sure twistaway is on plane. I'd be curious for some of the experts out there to try it and let me know what you think.

Leadbetter or worse championed that as the new take-away a few GD issues back. But he went one step further - just set your club at the top, get comfy and swing down.

LB's idea was very different - start with club 3/4 back. Actually tried that once but there's no rhythm or flow. The swing I'm using involves a full backswing as if ball was teed 3 or 4 ft. high.

Status
Not open for further replies.